Friday, June 1, 2007

The Joys of Trimester Two

Maternity Underwear
I scoffed at these at first, but seriously, they are like heaven in a tidy plastic package - despite the fact that they are decidedly unsexy.

First Trip to Maternity Store
Yikes. It is hard work to find the right kinds of things to wear right now, and hard knowing that in 4-6 weeks, I'll be back, upgrading my size. I've developed an ad hoc "two-at-a-time" rule: two tops, two bottoms. No one at work cares if I wear the same pants to work every day, and it keeps costs down.

Fun Symptoms
Occasional nausea, headaches, weepiness, and hunger that lasts for, oh, I don't know - two seconds? - before rapidly developing into anger or upsettedness until food is consumed. Matt and I are bonding over this, as his hunger patterns are identical.

Wireless Ipex Bras
Amazing.

Constant Kicking
This baby is seriously active. S/he perks up: when I would like to be sleeping, whenever I eat, and whenever certain records are spinning on the record player. This week Simon and Garfunkel produced multiple elbow pokings.

Getting Amy's Ice Cream Bucks from Your Mom.
Thanks, Mom!

Being Haunted by Roxane's Words
I'm talking about standing in front of the mirror, checking out my profile, and remembering her saying: "You're going to be wider than you are tall!" It was funny in March. . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so, is it true????