Thursday, April 12, 2007

Visit with Dr. Neyman

As of today, I am officially twelve weeks pregnant. This morning, Matt and I went to my prenatal visit together, and, as we were waiting for the doctor, a nurse swooped in with a doppler machine and searched for the baby's heartbeat. Which, after a few moments, she found! It was very exciting - all 176 beats per minute of it. The visit was good - Dr. Neyman was very nice. It was our first time meeting her, and she was sweet, energetic and comforting about all of my questions and concerns. At the end of the visit, she shook Matt's hand and gave me a hug. I've had some wonderful doctors, but no one has ever given me a hug before - I loved that she did.

The only trouble I had during the visit was when I had to beg Matt not to ask the doctor if he could have her retractable tape measurer for measuring scrolls on his metal work. I had to threaten to bite him before he finally let go of the idea. No exciting pictures to post today, but in about 8 weeks we'll have another ultrasound and will most likely discover the baby's gender. We'll definitely post pictures of that.

No comments: