Monday, April 16, 2007

Family

Becoming pregnant has developed a new sense of connection to both of our families. It's something that everyone can share with us in some way, and it evokes old stories and brings back happy memories from our mothers and grandmothers who have all shared in this experience of becoming mothers.

Today I got a sweet letter from my Grandmom (my dad's Mom) about her memories of my birth.


I'm not sure how readable this scanned version of her letter is, but she writes about how happy my dad was the day I was born and how he made the nurses laugh by running down the hall and picking my Grandmom up and sweeping her off her feet in his excitement.
And, a couple of weeks ago my Mom sent me a really nice box with some old, sentimental baby things of mine and some amazing pictures of our family after I was born. I'll just post some of my favorites of my mom and I for today.




3 comments:

Neesha Thakkar said...

amazing photos! They seem to really capture the bliss of bringing a new life into the world. :)

Phyliss said...

Hi Heather!!
How exciting you are having a baby! You were so cute!! What memories it brings back! I was with your Mom so much during her pregnancy and while you were growing up that I feel you are as much mine as one of my own children!! By the way, I think you are having a little girl. That heartbeat is high. Colin's baby at 12 weeks was 161 and is now 140. Love to you and Matt!!!

Monica, Ron & Stephanie said...

Hey there Heather,
I was sooo excited when mom told me you & Matt were expecting a baby. I hope everything goes great for you.
These pictures also bring back many fond memories for me, too, of you & your mom & dad living next door. We spent many fun hours swinging on swings out at the elementary school. I really missed those times with you when I joined the navy. You'll never really know how much I missed you when I left.
Anyway, I hope you have as much fun with your little family as I have had with mine.
Love you,
Aunt Monica